- B.A. Delhi University, Ph.D. Princeton University
Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research
Recipient of Numerous Grants from the National Science Foundation
Advisory Editor, Economics Letters, since 1993
Co-Editor, Journal of International Economics, since 2002
Associate Editor, International Journal of Industrial Organization, since 2001
Consultant for the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the Board of Governors at the Federal Reserve Board
Trade Policy, Quota License Auctions, Auction Design, Intellectual Property Rights, Manufacturing Industries, Asia.
1. "The Case of the Vanishing Revenues: Auction Quotas with Monopoly," American Economic Review, 1990, 80, 828-836.
2. "Auctions with Endogenous Valuations: The Persistence of Monopoly Revisited," American Economic Review, 1993, 83, 147-160.
3. Rags and Niches: Implementing Apparel Quotas under the Multi-Fibre Arrangement," with T. Tan, University of Michigan Press, 1998.
4. "Employment, Dynamic Deterrence and Crime," with S. Imai, International Economic Review, 2004, 45, 845-872.
5. "When Does Trade Hurt? Market, Transition and Developing Economies," with C. Yavas, Journal of International Economics, forthcoming.